Terms and conditions for students
In the interests of informing students of vacancies in a variety of housing options including rooming houses, share houses, boarding houses and vacant properties, Accommodation Services (AS) at the University of Newcastle (University) offers an advertising database service hereby known as the Off-Campus Accommodation Database.
The Searcher is anyone who uses the Off-Campus Accommodation Database to search for and/or secure any type of housing.
The Advertiser is anyone that submits an advertisement for the Off-Campus Accommodation Database either online or by lodging a written application form.
Housing options on the Off-Campus Accommodation Database are advertised online. By logging onto the Off-Campus Accommodation Database the Searcher understands and agrees to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
- An advertisement listing carries no statement of endorsement by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the Searcher to ensure that statements and information provided by an Advertiser is accurate and correct when applying for any housing advertised on the Off-Campus Accommodation Database.
- AS and the University make no guarantee that a Searcher will find a suitable housing option by using Off-Campus Accommodation Database to search for a vacancy.
- AS and the University can in no way guarantee the suitability of co-tenants, landlords or any other relationship formed or found through the Off-Campus Accommodation Database service and will accept no liability or responsibility for any such interactions.
- AS believes that better tenancy outcomes are attained when the Searcher is educated about their rights and duties. We encourage Searchers to obtain information from the NSW Office of Fair Trading by calling 133 220 or visiting their website."